A firewall is a security system used to control and monitor network traffic. It is used for protecting the system/network from malware, viruses, worms, etc., and secures unauthorized access from a private network.
The steps required to set up and configure the firewall are listed below:
- Change the default password for a firewall device.
- Disable the remote administration feature.
- Configure port forwarding for specific applications to function correctly, such as an FTP server or a web server.
- Firewall installation on a network with an existing DHCP server can cause errors unless its firewall’s DHCP is disabled.
- Make sure the firewall is configured to robust security policies.