Browser offers various features. These are as follows:
- It helps access HTML pages and all web elements used in web-based applications, as well as websites, and display responses from other sites as an answer to the requests.
- Allows web search for the site of your interest by entering URL or web address in the address bar and view response by using any of the search engines.
- Navigation controls are used for going back to recently opened pages by clicking the back button and next button to move forward.
- History keeps track of the visited sites in chronological order. It allows remembering or bookmarking sites of your interest to refer or explore at a later stage. It also saves previously visited sites in the form of cache and make visitor recognized by sites, making access to those sites quicker.
- Manages passwords for frequently used websites requiring authentication and in most cases keep users already logged into the account.
- Allows accessing various sites, exchanging information via API calls, communication via email, data, and media file-sharing software.
Example of browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari.