The latest ECMAScript(ES6) standard defines seven data types: Out of which six data types are Primitive(predefined).
- Numbers: 5, 6.5, 7 etc.
- String: “Hello Board Infinity” etc.
- Boolean: Represent a logical entity and can have two values: true or false.
- Null: This type has only one value : null.
- Undefined: A variable that has not been assigned a value is undefined.
- The value stored in a variable can be changed during program execution.
- A variable is only a name given to a memory location, all the operations done on the variable effects that memory location.
var\_name is the name of the variable which should be defined by the user and should be unique. These types of names are also known as identifiers.