Dunzo was founded in July 2014 by Kabeer Biswas, Mukund Jha, Dalvir Suri, Ankur Aggarwal in Banglore.
• Valuation - $250M
√ As of 2019, it raised $8M!
It is the 1st company in #India that Google directly invested in, putting up $12.3M!
• Business model:
It’s USP is that it helps you with the simplest of task! Have a document to be photocopied & delivered to your bank manager? Dunzo will do it for you!
It is operated in 8 cities in India & had experienced a spur in growth last year!
• 2018: 50,000 orders per month!
• 2019: 2M orders a month!
Heavily backed rivals Swiggy & Zomato, in comparison, process more than 3M orders a day!
It’s latest deals amid the covid19 pandemic include:
• Partnership with PepsiCo to deliver its food products amid #lockdown
• Partnership with chaipoint for last-mile delivery.
• Tied up with Gpay, which has 115M monthly active users in India, to deliver essentials.
• Hershey India tied up to launch its online store.
The average ticket size of orders has more than doubled from ₹220 prior lockdown to ₹480 now!