Not sure how you can actually use Excel in your team? Here is a list of documents you can create:
- [Income Statements]: You can use an Excel spreadsheet to track a company’s sales activity and financial health.
- [Balance Sheets] : Balance sheets are among the most common types of documents you can create with Excel. It allows you to get a holistic view of a company’s financial standing.
- Calendar: You can easily create a spreadsheet monthly calendar to track events or other date-sensitive information.
Here are some documents you can create specifically for marketers.
- Marketing Budgets: Excel is a strong budget-keeping tool. You can create and track marketing budgets, as well as spend, using Excel. If you don’t want to create a document from scratch, download our marketing budget templates for free
- Marketing Reports: If you don’t use a marketing tool such as Marketing Hub, you might find yourself in need of a dashboard with all of your reports. Excel is an excellent tool to create marketing reports. You can create editorial calendars in Excel. The tab format makes it extremely easy to track your content creation efforts for custom time ranges.
- Traffic and Leads Calculator Because of its strong computational powers, Excel is an excellent tool to create all sorts of calculators — including one for tracking leads and traffic.
This is only a small sampling of the types of marketing and business documents you can create in Excel. We’ve created an [extensive list of Excel templates]you can use right now for marketing, invoicing, project management, budgeting, and more.
In the spirit of working more efficiently and avoiding tedious, manual work, here are a few Excel formulas and functions you’ll need to know.