Company Name: Cisco
Position: Product Manager
Application Process: I applied for the position online, and despite feeling underqualified, I was surprised to be invited for an interview.
Interview Rounds:
Conclusion:
Overall, it was a learning experience. I realized that while I could articulate my thoughts well, I lacked the specific experience they were looking for. If you’re applying for a Product Manager role at Cisco, make sure you have a strong background in product management or a closely related field. Also, be prepared to discuss real-world examples of how you’ve handled product decisions and stakeholder interactions.
Company Name: Cisco
Position: Product Manager
Location: [Not specified]
Application Process: Applied through an online process or referral (details not specified).
Interview Rounds:
Conclusion:
The interview process was smooth, and the managers were professional. I ensured my preparation was aligned with the job requirements, which helped me feel confident during the discussions. For future candidates, I’d recommend thoroughly reviewing the job description and being ready to discuss how your background fits the role.
Company Name: Cisco
Position: Product Manager
Location: Virtual (Remote)
Application Process: Applied through the company’s career portal. The process was well-organized, and the recruiter provided helpful guidance before the interviews began.
Interview Rounds:
-
Round 1 - Virtual Interview:
- Questions Asked: General questions about my background, experience, and interest in the role. Some behavioral questions like “Tell me about a time you led a project” and “How do you prioritize tasks?”
- Your Approach: I focused on highlighting my relevant experience and used the STAR method for behavioral questions.
- Outcome: Passed to the next round.
-
Round 2 - Virtual Interview:
- Questions Asked: More in-depth questions about product management, such as “How would you define a product roadmap?” and “Describe a product you admire and why.”
- Your Approach: I provided structured answers, linking my responses to real-world examples and frameworks I’ve used.
- Outcome: Advanced to the next stage.
-
Round 3 - Virtual Interview:
- Questions Asked: Case study questions like “How would you improve a product feature based on user feedback?” and “What metrics would you track for a new product launch?”
- Your Approach: I walked through my thought process step-by-step, ensuring clarity and logical flow.
- Outcome: Moved forward.
-
Round 4 - Virtual Interview:
- Questions Asked: Questions about collaboration, such as “How do you handle disagreements with stakeholders?” and “Describe a time you worked with a cross-functional team.”
- Your Approach: Emphasized my communication and conflict-resolution skills with concrete examples.
- Outcome: Progressed to the next round.
-
Round 5 - Virtual Interview:
- Questions Asked: Technical questions related to product management tools and methodologies, like “How do you use data to make decisions?” and “What’s your experience with Agile?”
- Your Approach: I explained my familiarity with tools like JIRA and how I leverage data analytics in decision-making.
- Outcome: Continued to the next phase.
-
Round 6 - Virtual Interview:
- Questions Asked: Hypothetical scenarios, such as “What would you do if a product launch was delayed?” and “How would you handle negative customer feedback?”
- Your Approach: Used frameworks like SWOT or RACI to structure my answers.
- Outcome: Advanced further.
-
Round 7 - Virtual Interview:
- Questions Asked: Questions about cultural fit, like “What values are important to you in a workplace?” and “How do you handle stress?”
- Your Approach: Shared personal anecdotes that aligned with the company’s values.
- Outcome: Proceeded to the final round.
-
Round 8 - Virtual Interview:
- Questions Asked: Final behavioral and situational questions, including “Why do you want to work here?” and “Where do you see yourself in five years?”
- Your Approach: I tied my career goals to the company’s mission and vision.
- Outcome: Awaiting final results.
Preparation Tips:
- Reviewed common product management frameworks (e.g., AARRR, HEART).
- Practiced case studies and behavioral questions using the STAR method.
- Researched Cisco’s products and recent news to tailor my answers.
Conclusion:
The interview process was thorough but well-structured, and the interviewers were supportive. I felt prepared, but I could have practiced more case studies to refine my responses. My advice for future candidates is to research the company deeply and practice articulating your thought process clearly.
Company Name: Cisco
Position: Product Manager
Location: Not specified
Application Process: The application process details were not provided, but the interview process began shortly after applying.
Interview Rounds:
-
Round 1 - Technical Interview:
-
Questions Asked: Specific questions were not detailed, but the round was technical in nature.
-
Your Approach: Prepared by reviewing technical concepts relevant to product management.
-
Outcome: Passed to the next round.
-
Round 2 - Technical Interview:
-
Questions Asked: Continued technical evaluation, possibly deeper into product management scenarios.
-
Your Approach: Focused on problem-solving and articulating product strategies.
-
Outcome: Advanced further in the process.
-
Round 3 - Technical Interview:
-
Questions Asked: Further technical and situational questions.
-
Your Approach: Emphasized practical examples and past experiences.
-
Outcome: Progressed to the next stage.
-
Round 4 - Technical Interview:
-
Questions Asked: Likely involved complex problem-solving or case studies.
-
Your Approach: Leveraged analytical skills and structured thinking.
-
Outcome: Moved forward.
-
Round 5 - Director Interview:
-
Questions Asked: High-level strategic and behavioral questions, possibly about leadership and vision.
-
Your Approach: Aligned responses with company goals and demonstrated leadership qualities.
-
Outcome: Successfully cleared the round.
Preparation Tips:
- Focus on technical aspects of product management, including problem-solving and case studies.
- Practice articulating product strategies and aligning them with business goals.
- Be prepared for behavioral and situational questions, especially in higher rounds.
Conclusion:
The overall interview experience was positive, with a smooth process and timely offer rollout. However, communication from HR could have been more transparent. Future candidates should prepare thoroughly for technical rounds and be ready to discuss high-level strategy with senior leadership.
Company Name: Cisco
Position: Product Manager
Location: Campus Recruiting
Application Process: Applied through campus recruiting. The HR team was very supportive and made the process smooth.
Interview Rounds:
- Round 1 - HR Interview:
- Questions Asked: The interview was conversational, with questions focused on my background, interest in the role, and how I approach problem-solving.
- Your Approach: I kept my answers concise and tried to highlight my relevant experiences and skills. I also asked a few questions about the role and the team to show my enthusiasm.
- Outcome: The round went well, and the HR team was very positive. However, I felt the process could have been more challenging with additional rounds.
Conclusion:
The overall experience was pleasant, and the HR team was amazing. If given more time, I would have appreciated more rounds to better showcase my skills. For future candidates, I’d recommend preparing for a conversational interview and being ready to discuss your experiences in detail.
Company Name: Cisco
Position: Product Manager
Application Process: The interview process was lengthy and seemingly uncoordinated, with repeated coverage of the same topics across stages. The panel discussion stood out as the most effective part, providing a good opportunity for discussion and improvisation.
Interview Rounds:
-
Round 1 - Initial Screening:
-
Questions Asked: General questions about my background, experience, and interest in the role.
-
Your Approach: I focused on aligning my past experiences with the responsibilities of a Product Manager at Cisco.
-
Outcome: Advanced to the next round.
-
Round 2 - Technical/Behavioral Interview:
-
Questions Asked: Similar to the first round, with additional technical questions about product management methodologies.
-
Your Approach: I reiterated my experience and provided examples of how I applied these methodologies in past roles.
-
Outcome: Moved forward, though the repetition of topics was noticeable.
-
Round 3 - Panel Discussion:
-
Questions Asked: A mix of situational and strategic questions about product management.
-
Your Approach: Engaged actively, improvised responses, and collaborated with the panel.
-
Outcome: This was the most productive round, with positive feedback.
Preparation Tips:
- Focus on clearly articulating your past experiences and how they relate to the role.
- Be prepared to discuss product management frameworks and methodologies.
- Practice improvisation and collaborative discussion for panel rounds.
Conclusion:
The process was lengthy and could have been more streamlined, but the panel discussion was a highlight. I would advise future candidates to stay patient and ensure they can consistently communicate their value across repetitive questioning.
Company Name: Cisco
Position: Product Manager
Application Process: The application process began with a phone interview with a recruiter, followed by an in-person one-on-one interview, and concluded with interviews with team members. The focus was heavily on my personal development, current role functions, and my approach to the job.
Interview Rounds:
-
Round 1 - Phone Interview with Recruiter:
-
Questions Asked:
- Can you walk us through your current role and responsibilities?
- What are your key achievements in your current position?
- How do you approach problem-solving in your role?
- What are your career goals for this opportunity?
-
Your Approach: I focused on highlighting my achievements and how they align with the Product Manager role. I also emphasized my problem-solving skills and long-term career aspirations.
-
Outcome: Successfully moved to the next round.
-
Round 2 - In-Person One-on-One Interview:
-
Questions Asked:
- Describe a challenging project you managed and how you handled it.
- How do you prioritize tasks when managing multiple projects?
- What tools or methodologies do you use for product management?
-
Your Approach: I provided specific examples of projects I managed, discussed my prioritization framework, and shared my familiarity with Agile methodologies.
-
Outcome: Advanced to the final round.
-
Round 3 - Team Interviews:
-
Questions Asked:
- How do you collaborate with cross-functional teams?
- Can you share an example of a conflict you resolved within a team?
- What do you hope to achieve in this role at Cisco?
-
Your Approach: I emphasized my teamwork skills, shared a conflict resolution example, and aligned my goals with Cisco’s vision.
-
Outcome: Received positive feedback and moved forward in the process.
Preparation Tips:
- Review your resume thoroughly and be ready to discuss every detail.
- Prepare specific examples of challenges, achievements, and teamwork.
- Research Cisco’s products and culture to align your answers with their values.
Conclusion:
The interview process was thorough but engaging. I felt well-prepared, but I could have researched more about Cisco’s recent product launches to tailor my answers better. My advice for future candidates is to focus on storytelling—use real examples to demonstrate your skills and fit for the role.
Company Name: Cisco
Position: Product Manager
Location: San Jose, CA
Application Process: Applied through the company’s website. After a couple of days, I was contacted by a recruiter for further steps.
Interview Rounds:
-
Round 1 - Recruiter Screening:
-
Questions Asked: General questions about my background, interest in the role, and familiarity with Cisco’s products.
-
Your Approach: I highlighted my relevant experience and enthusiasm for the product management role, tying it to Cisco’s offerings.
-
Outcome: Passed this round and was invited for on-site interviews.
-
Round 2 - On-site Interviews:
-
Questions Asked: A mix of behavioral and technical questions, including:
- “Walk me through a product you managed and the challenges you faced.”
- “How would you prioritize features for a new product?”
- “Describe a time you had to work with cross-functional teams.”
-
Your Approach: I structured my answers using the STAR method and provided concrete examples from my past experiences. For technical questions, I focused on logical reasoning and prioritization frameworks.
-
Outcome: Successfully cleared the on-site rounds and received positive feedback.
Preparation Tips:
- Brush up on product management frameworks (e.g., prioritization, roadmapping).
- Practice behavioral questions using the STAR method.
- Research Cisco’s products and recent news to align your answers with their business goals.
Conclusion:
Overall, the interview process was smooth and well-structured. I felt prepared, but I could have spent more time researching Cisco’s specific product lines to tailor my answers better. My advice for future candidates is to focus on both behavioral and technical aspects of product management and to be ready to discuss real-world examples in detail.
Company Name: Cisco
Position: Product Manager
Location: Bangalore
Application Process: The application process began with a telephonic screening, followed by three rounds of one-on-one technical interviews conducted at Cisco’s office in Bangalore.
Interview Rounds:
-
Round 1 - Telephonic Screening:
-
Questions Asked: Basic questions about software processes.
-
Your Approach: I focused on explaining the key concepts clearly and concisely, ensuring I covered the fundamentals.
-
Outcome: Passed this round and was invited for the next rounds.
-
Round 2 - Technical Interview (One-on-One):
-
Questions Asked: Basic technical questions related to the role.
-
Your Approach: I answered the questions confidently, drawing from my academic and project experiences.
-
Outcome: Successfully cleared this round.
-
Round 3 - Project Management & Crisis Handling (One-on-One):
-
Questions Asked: Questions focused on project management scenarios and how to handle crises.
-
Your Approach: I shared examples from past experiences where I managed projects and resolved issues under pressure.
-
Outcome: Cleared this round as well.
-
Round 4 - Problem Solving (One-on-One):
-
Questions Asked: Problem-solving questions to assess analytical and logical thinking.
-
Your Approach: I broke down the problems into smaller parts and explained my thought process step-by-step.
-
Outcome: Cleared this round successfully.
Preparation Tips:
- Brush up on software processes and project management fundamentals.
- Practice problem-solving questions to improve analytical thinking.
- Be ready with real-life examples of crisis management and project handling.
Conclusion:
Overall, the interview process was smooth and well-structured. The key to success was staying calm and articulating my thoughts clearly. For future candidates, I’d recommend thorough preparation on technical and project management topics, along with practicing problem-solving under time constraints.
Company Name: Cisco
Position: Product Manager
Location: [Location not specified]
Application Process: The application process was straightforward, involving 3 interviews followed by an HR round and then the offer.
Interview Rounds:
-
Round 1 - Technical Interview:
-
Questions Asked: Details not provided.
-
Your Approach: Not specified.
-
Outcome: Passed to the next round.
-
Round 2 - Technical Interview:
-
Questions Asked: Details not provided.
-
Your Approach: Not specified.
-
Outcome: Passed to the next round.
-
Round 3 - Technical Interview:
-
Questions Asked: Details not provided.
-
Your Approach: Not specified.
-
Outcome: Passed to the HR round.
-
HR Round:
-
Questions Asked: Details not provided.
-
Your Approach: Not specified.
-
Outcome: Received the offer.
Preparation Tips:
No specific preparation tips were shared.
Conclusion:
The overall process was smooth, but more details about the questions asked in each round would have been helpful for future candidates.
Company Name: Cisco
Position: Product Manager
Location: San Jose, CA
Application Process: The process began with a resume review, followed by a phone interview with a staffing agency. After clearing the phone interview, I was invited for an in-person interview at Cisco’s headquarters in San Jose.
Interview Rounds:
-
Round 1 - Phone Interview (Staffing Agency):
-
Questions Asked: Assessed my work history and overall qualifications for the role.
-
Your Approach: I highlighted my relevant experience and skills, aligning them with the job requirements.
-
Outcome: Cleared the round and was invited for an in-person interview.
-
Round 2 - In-Person Interview (Department Manager):
-
Questions Asked: Discussed my experience in detail, problem-solving approach, and how I would handle product management challenges.
-
Your Approach: I provided concrete examples from my past work and demonstrated my ability to think strategically.
-
Outcome: The manager decided to hire me, and I started work the following week.
Conclusion:
The interview process was smooth and straightforward. The key to success was clearly articulating my experience and how it aligned with the role. I would advise future candidates to prepare well for behavioral questions and be ready to discuss their past projects in detail.
Company Name: Cisco
Position: Product Manager
Location: [Location (if applicable)]
Application Process: [Brief description of how the student applied, e.g., campus placement, online application, referral]
Interview Rounds:
-
Round 1 - [Round Type]:
-
Questions Asked: [List of questions asked in this round]
-
Your Approach: [The candidate’s approach or strategy to answer the questions]
-
Outcome: [Result of this round]
-
Round 2 - [Round Type]:
-
Questions Asked: [List of questions asked in this round]
-
Your Approach: [The candidate’s approach or strategy to answer the questions]
-
Outcome: [Result of this round]
(Continue this format for all interview rounds)
Preparation Tips:
[Any tips or resources the student found helpful]
Conclusion:
[A summary of the overall experience and any final advice]
Company Name: Cisco
Position: Product Manager
Location: [Location not specified]
Application Process: Applied through a staffing agency, followed by interviews with the hiring team.
Interview Rounds:
-
Round 1 - Staffing Agency Interview:
-
Questions Asked: General behavioral questions to assess fit for the role.
-
Your Approach: Answered honestly and aligned responses with the role’s requirements.
-
Outcome: Passed to the next round.
-
Round 2 - Hiring Manager Interview:
-
Questions Asked: Behavioral questions focused on past experiences and why I wanted to work at Cisco.
-
Your Approach: Highlighted relevant experiences and expressed genuine interest in the company and its products.
-
Outcome: Advanced to the next round.
-
Round 3 - Peer Interview:
-
Questions Asked: Similar behavioral questions, with a focus on teamwork and collaboration.
-
Your Approach: Shared examples of successful teamwork and problem-solving.
-
Outcome: Progressed to the final round.
-
Round 4 - VP Interview:
-
Questions Asked: High-level behavioral questions and discussions about the company’s direction.
-
Your Approach: Demonstrated alignment with Cisco’s goals and values.
-
Outcome: Successful completion of the interview process.
Preparation Tips:
- Research the company thoroughly, especially its products and market position.
- Prepare for standard behavioral questions using the STAR method.
- Be ready to explain why you want to work at Cisco and how your skills align with the role.
Conclusion:
The interview process was straightforward and focused on behavioral fit. Knowing the company and its products well definitely helped. I’d advise future candidates to prepare thoroughly for behavioral questions and to show genuine enthusiasm for the role and the company.
Company Name: Cisco
Position: Product Manager
Application Process: The application process involved multiple rounds of interviews, totaling over 10 interviews. Interestingly, I was informed after being hired that the decision to hire me was made on the first day, but the company still proceeded with the extensive interview process.
Interview Rounds:
-
Round 1 - Initial Screening:
-
Questions Asked: General questions about my background, experience, and interest in the role.
-
Your Approach: I focused on aligning my past experiences with the responsibilities of a Product Manager at Cisco.
-
Outcome: Passed to the next round.
-
Round 2 - Technical Interview:
-
Questions Asked: Questions about product management methodologies, problem-solving scenarios, and technical knowledge relevant to Cisco’s products.
-
Your Approach: I used real-world examples to demonstrate my technical understanding and problem-solving skills.
-
Outcome: Advanced to the next stage.
-
Round 3 - Behavioral Interview:
-
Questions Asked: Situational and behavioral questions to assess teamwork, leadership, and conflict resolution.
-
Your Approach: I shared specific instances from my past roles to highlight my soft skills and adaptability.
-
Outcome: Continued to the next round.
(Additional rounds followed a similar pattern, with each focusing on different aspects of the role.)
Conclusion:
While the interview process was exhaustive, it was also a learning experience. The feedback I received after being hired was surprising, as it revealed that the decision was made early on. For future candidates, my advice would be to stay patient and consistent throughout the process, even if it seems lengthy. Focus on showcasing your skills and aligning them with the company’s needs at every stage.
Company Name: Cisco
Position: Product Manager
Application Process: The process began with a screening phase where Cisco shortlisted candidates they were interested in. This was followed by a short presentation about the company, a group discussion, and then three rounds of interviews.
Interview Rounds:
-
Round 1 - Screening:
-
Questions Asked: Not specified, but the focus was on shortlisting candidates based on initial fit for the role.
-
Your Approach: Ensured my resume and profile highlighted relevant experience for the Product Manager role.
-
Outcome: Made it to the next round.
-
Round 2 - Group Discussion:
-
Questions Asked: The topic of the group discussion was not specified, but it likely revolved around a product or business scenario.
-
Your Approach: Actively participated, shared structured thoughts, and listened to others to build on their points.
-
Outcome: Advanced to the interview rounds.
-
Round 3 - Interview 1:
-
Questions Asked: Details of the questions were not provided, but it was likely a mix of technical and behavioral questions related to product management.
-
Your Approach: Prepared by reviewing common product management frameworks and practiced articulating my past experiences clearly.
-
Outcome: Progressed to the next round.
-
Round 4 - Interview 2:
-
Questions Asked: Again, specifics were not shared, but it might have involved deeper technical or situational questions.
-
Your Approach: Focused on problem-solving and demonstrating how I would handle real-world product challenges.
-
Outcome: Moved forward to the final round.
-
Round 5 - Interview 3:
-
Questions Asked: Likely a mix of behavioral and strategic questions to assess fit for the role.
-
Your Approach: Emphasized my ability to think strategically and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
-
Outcome: Final outcome not specified, but the process concluded here.
Preparation Tips:
- Brush up on product management frameworks like PRD, prioritization techniques, and case studies.
- Practice group discussions to improve articulation and teamwork.
- Be ready to discuss past experiences in detail, focusing on outcomes and learnings.
Conclusion:
The interview process was thorough and tested both technical and soft skills. While I wish I had more details on the specific questions asked, the experience was valuable. Future candidates should focus on being clear and concise in their responses and prepare for a mix of technical and behavioral questions.
Company Name: Cisco
Position: Product Manager
Application Process: I applied through the company’s career portal after seeing the job posting. The process was straightforward, and I received a confirmation email shortly after submitting my application.
Interview Rounds:
-
Round 1 - Peer Review:
- Questions Asked: The round involved a peer review where I was asked to analyze a case study related to product management. Questions revolved around identifying pain points, proposing solutions, and justifying my approach.
- Your Approach: I focused on breaking down the case study into key components, prioritizing issues, and aligning my solutions with the company’s product vision.
- Outcome: I passed this round and received feedback on my analytical skills.
-
Round 2 - Role-Playing Exercise:
- Questions Asked: This was a simulated scenario where I had to act as a Product Manager handling a product launch. Questions included stakeholder management, timeline prioritization, and handling unexpected challenges.
- Your Approach: I treated it as a real-life situation, communicating clearly with the “team” and making data-driven decisions.
- Outcome: The interviewers appreciated my adaptability and problem-solving approach.
-
Round 3 - Interview with Reporting Manager:
- Questions Asked: This was a technical and behavioral interview. Questions ranged from my past product management experiences to how I would handle conflicts within a team.
- Your Approach: I used the STAR method to structure my answers and linked my experiences to the role’s requirements.
- Outcome: The feedback was positive, and I advanced to the next round.
-
Round 4 - Second Role-Playing Exercise:
- Questions Asked: This round tested my ability to handle customer feedback and iterate on a product. I was given a hypothetical scenario with mixed customer reviews and had to propose improvements.
- Your Approach: I prioritized feedback based on impact and feasibility, then outlined a plan for iterative improvements.
- Outcome: The interviewers liked my customer-centric approach.
-
Round 5 - Final Interview with Senior Manager:
- Questions Asked: This was a high-level discussion about my vision for the product, alignment with company goals, and long-term strategy.
- Your Approach: I emphasized my understanding of the market and how I could contribute to Cisco’s product roadmap.
- Outcome: I received an offer after this round!
Preparation Tips:
- Practice case studies and role-playing scenarios to simulate real-world product management challenges.
- Brush up on behavioral questions using the STAR method.
- Research Cisco’s products and recent developments to align your answers with their goals.
Conclusion:
The interview process was rigorous but rewarding. The role-playing exercises were particularly insightful and helped me showcase my skills effectively. I would advise future candidates to focus on clear communication and a customer-first mindset. Good luck!
Company Name: Cisco
Position: Product Manager
Application Process: Applied online. Received notice from HR that my resume would be sent to the hiring manager. HR later contacted me by email stating I had been selected for an interview.
Interview Rounds:
- Round 1 - Hiring Manager Interview:
- Questions Asked: The interview lasted about 30 minutes (slightly longer as the hiring manager had extra time). The hiring manager mentioned that the hiring process could involve at least five more interviews. Specific questions were not detailed, but the conversation likely revolved around my background, experience, and fit for the Product Manager role.
- Your Approach: I focused on showcasing my relevant experience and aligning my skills with the role’s requirements. I also asked questions about the team and product to demonstrate my interest.
- Outcome: The interview went well, and I was informed about the potential next steps in the process.
Preparation Tips:
- Research the company’s products and recent news to align your answers with their goals.
- Prepare to discuss your past experiences in detail, especially those relevant to product management.
- Practice answering behavioral questions using the STAR method.
Conclusion:
The initial interview was a positive experience, and the hiring manager was transparent about the lengthy process ahead. I would advise future candidates to be patient and thoroughly prepare for each round, as the process seems rigorous.
Company Name: Cisco
Position: Product Manager
Application Process: The recruiter arranged a telephonic interview for the Product Manager role.
Interview Rounds:
- Round 1 - Telephonic Interview with Hiring Manager:
- Questions Asked:
- Can you describe your experience as a Product Manager?
- What are some key Product Management concepts you are familiar with?
- Can you share a real-life situation where you applied these concepts?
- Your Approach: I focused on highlighting my relevant experience, explaining key PM concepts like prioritization, stakeholder management, and user-centric design. For the real-life situation, I shared a specific project where I successfully led a product launch.
- Outcome: The round went well, and I was invited for further discussions.
Preparation Tips:
- Brush up on core Product Management concepts and frameworks.
- Prepare real-life examples that demonstrate your problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Practice articulating your thoughts clearly and concisely.
Conclusion:
The interview was a great opportunity to showcase my PM skills. I felt confident about my responses, but I could have structured my real-life example more succinctly. For future candidates, I’d recommend practicing storytelling to make your examples more impactful.
Company Name: Cisco
Position: Product Manager
Location: [Location (if applicable)]
Application Process: [Brief description of how the student applied]
Interview Rounds:
-
Round 1 - Technical & Behavioral Interview:
-
Questions Asked:
- Technical questions related to product management concepts.
- Behavioral questions about past experiences and how they handled specific situations.
-
Your Approach:
- Focused on explaining my thought process clearly for technical questions.
- Used the STAR method for behavioral questions to provide structured answers.
-
Outcome: Passed to the next round.
-
Round 2 - Case Study & Fit Interview:
-
Questions Asked:
- A case study to solve on the spot.
- Questions about cultural fit and teamwork.
-
Your Approach:
- Took a structured approach to the case study, breaking it down into manageable parts.
- Emphasized collaboration and adaptability for the fit questions.
-
Outcome: Passed to the final round.
-
Round 3 - Final Interview with Senior PM:
-
Questions Asked:
- Deep dive into past projects and challenges faced.
- Hypothetical scenarios to test problem-solving skills.
-
Your Approach:
- Highlighted key learnings from past projects.
- Used a logical framework to tackle hypothetical questions.
-
Outcome: Received positive feedback and moved forward in the process.
Preparation Tips:
- Brush up on product management frameworks and case study methodologies.
- Practice behavioral questions using the STAR method.
- Research Cisco’s products and culture to align answers with their values.
Conclusion:
The interviewers at Cisco were very friendly and focused on finding a personality fit. While some questions were challenging, the overall experience was positive. I realized the importance of clear communication and structured thinking during the interviews. For future candidates, I’d recommend preparing thoroughly for both technical and behavioral aspects, and most importantly, being yourself!
Company Name: Cisco
Position: Product Manager
Location: [Location not specified]
Application Process: Applied through the company’s career portal after seeing the job posting online.
Interview Rounds:
-
Round 1 - HR Screening:
-
Questions Asked:
- Tell me about yourself.
- Why are you interested in this role at Cisco?
- What do you know about our products?
-
Your Approach: I focused on aligning my background with the role and highlighted my passion for product management. I also researched Cisco’s product portfolio beforehand.
-
Outcome: Passed to the next round.
-
Round 2 - Technical Interview:
-
Questions Asked:
- How would you prioritize features for a new product?
- Describe a time when you had to make a tough decision about a product.
- How do you gather customer feedback?
-
Your Approach: Used the STAR method to structure my answers and provided examples from past experiences.
-
Outcome: Advanced to the next stage.
-
Round 3 - Case Study:
-
Questions Asked:
- Given a hypothetical product scenario, how would you go from ideation to launch?
- How would you measure the success of this product?
-
Your Approach: Broke down the problem into stages (research, development, testing, launch) and discussed KPIs for success.
-
Outcome: Moved to the final round.
-
Round 4 - Behavioral Interview:
-
Questions Asked:
- How do you handle conflicts within a team?
- Describe a time when you failed and what you learned.
-
Your Approach: Shared specific anecdotes and emphasized lessons learned and growth.
-
Outcome: Received positive feedback and moved to the offer stage.
Preparation Tips:
- Studied Cisco’s product lines and recent news about the company.
- Practiced case studies and behavioral questions using the STAR method.
- Reviewed product management frameworks (e.g., prioritization, roadmapping).
Conclusion:
The interview process was thorough but well-structured. I felt prepared, but I could have practiced more case studies to feel even more confident. My advice is to research the company deeply and be ready to discuss both technical and behavioral aspects of the role.