1. Reactive Machines
- Purely reactive machines are the most basic types of Artificial Intelligence.
- Such AI systems do not store memories or past experiences for future actions.
- These machines only focus on current scenarios and react on it as per possible best action.
- IBM’s Deep Blue system is an example of reactive machines.
- Google’s AlphaGo is also an example of reactive machines.
2. Limited Memory
- Limited memory machines can store past experiences or some data for a short period of time.
- These machines can use stored data for a limited time period only.
- Self-driving cars are one of the best examples of Limited Memory systems. These cars can store recent speed of nearby cars, the distance of other cars, speed limit, and other information to navigate the road.
3. Theory of Mind
- Theory of Mind AI should understand the human emotions, people, beliefs, and be able to interact socially like humans.
- This type of AI machines are still not developed, but researchers are making lots of efforts and improvement for developing such AI machines.
- Self-awareness AI is the future of Artificial Intelligence. These machines will be super intelligent, and will have their own consciousness, sentiments, and self-awareness.
- These machines will be smarter than human mind.
- Self-Awareness AI does not exist in reality still and it is a hypothetical concept.