SKILLS THAT ARE COMMON:
• Cross-Company Collaboration – To build great products, PMs and entrepreneurs must collaborate across business functional areas such as marketing, service, and engineering.
• User-centricity - They are highly customer-centric, thinking about the best user experience that a product or service can provide.
• Effort and priority assessment - They must constantly manage a backlog of priorities while also monitoring the productivity of a limited number of resources.
• Market evaluation - They are frequently tasked with determining the viability of a specific market or product and developing a business case.
AS AN ENTREPRENEUR, IT’S ESSENTIAL TO IMBIBE NEW SKILLS.
• Sales - As an entrepreneur, you must learn how to sell others on your vision, how our progress represents tremendous momentum, and how our barely-existent product is a solution to their problems.
• Networking - As an entrepreneur, you’re always looking for new relationships and connections with potential employees, advisors, and investors.
• “Growth hacking” - As an entrepreneur, one should be very creative in finding ways to increase the user base.