7 Keyword Research Tools (That Aren’t Google Keyword Planner)

1. Long Tail Pro - This is probably my favorite keyword research tool available right now. They offer both free and paid versions (which I recommend you purchase).

2. Ubersuggest - This is one of the best keyword research tools out there, not just for SEOs but also for content marketers and writers in general. You can use this tool to uncover long-tail keywords that are relevant to your niche and actually get a good search volume. They do require you to sign up for an account but it’s worth it if you plan on using their service regularly.

3. Keyword Tool - This is another easy-to-use keyword research tool that has both a free option and paid version. The free option allows you to enter up to 12 keywords per day, which isn’t bad considering most other tools only allow for 3 or 5 searches per day with an upgraded account.

4. Find Keywords - A simplistic yet effective way to uncover low competition terms, FindKeywords not only shows their monthly search volume but they show actual data in the form of graphs so that you can see if there’s actually a solid search volume or not.

5. Ubersuggest Keyword Tool - Another way to use the Ubersuggest keyword tool is to just enter the URL of any webpage and it will uncover related long-tail keywords that you can then use without even doing much work. Be careful with this one though, because if your site has poor quality content or no relevant content at all, then this tool will tell you a lot of random unrelated keywords rather than actual valuable keywords for targeting.

6. Keyword Discovery - I have used this free tool from Market Samurai in the past when I have been doing keyword research. It allows you to enter up to 10 keywords per day in order to uncover terms that are easy to rank for. The only downside is that if you want more than the free searches, then you’ll need a paid version which can be pretty expensive from what I’ve seen. They also have a bunch of cool tools for content promotion and finding profitable niches.

7. Google Correlate - This one isn’t really used for keyword planning but rather just general search volume data related to keywords or topics so that you can see how high they would rank and what kind of traffic might be expected from them on an average. You can easily see how many search results are returned for a specific term and what Google’s algorithm thinks would be related to it.