Why would I want to educate my customers and help my competition?

Loyalty, building a long-term relationship, and customer retention are three key components.Consumers today are oversaturated with many businesses providing the same product or service. By educating customers, they will make informed decisions and look to you as the subject matter expert.

Customer education improves the experience they get with your product, which in turn increases customer engagement with your brand. And of course, everyone engages more with brands they trust and enjoy. Through this increased engagement, customers will be more likely to renew or repurchase your product.

• Have a Slow “Learn Flow” …
  • Pitch in Person. …
  • Catch Users’ Attention with Website Banners. …
  • Educate In App. …
  • Use Blog Posts and Email Marketing Campaigns. …
  • Create Video Content. …
  • Publish Blog Posts and Work with Bloggers. …
  • Attend Trade Shows.

Your business has developed a competitive product. It’s actually one of the best on the market. You’ve also trained your sales team to promote it in the best possible way. And customers do buy. But what happens afterward? Do your customers know how to use your product to its full potential in order to get the most value from it?

In the modern business world, too little attention is paid to customer education. This is despite companies (especially software vendors) releasing more technologically sophisticated and innovative products that can sometimes leave customers scratching their heads.

The simple fact is that new and exciting products require new knowledge and skills from customers. And if customers aren’t educated in the uses and benefits of a product or service, they won’t be able to recognize its full value.

This is why “customer education” is also thought of as “customer empowerment”. Your product or service should help customers do what they do best, and do it even better than before!

Let’s look at what companies stand to gain by investing more in customer education.