Which one is more important to you, a dream-fulfilling career or a job that satisfies your material needs?

Which one is more important to you, a dream-fulfilling career or a job that satisfies your material needs?

If we talk practically then a job which satisfy material needs should be preferred.
Even if you choose career which provide you satisfaction, then that satisfaction would last for long if you would not be able to fulfill your needs

Health > Wealth > Love = Happiness.

From left to right, in that order.

Money and career are both in the 2nd step, Wealth. But it’s really money.

So if what you’re really asking is a career you enjoy, or making a lot of money?
You need to look at it in context.

You won’t be happy if you’re not healthy and don’t have love. You also need money to support your life.

I choose money. Unless your job SUCKS. But then, get a different job.

People don’t work hard enough at getting jobs they don’t hate. It’s not impossible. actually, anyone can do it. So get a career that pays wells. Why choose.

This is very subjective. Following are my view points:

• Define an ‘x’ amount as your material needs, and come what may do not use any amount of salary that exceeds ‘x’. Invest that / lock it / burn it in charity, your choice, but don’t use it.
  • Then you realize that beyond ‘x’ it’s not hike/ or a better paid job that will make you happy but something that you like.
  • Of course if your salary is below ‘x’, job satisfaction won’t come on your thoughts first
  • I feel salary is a by product of your career, and the way you present yourself throughout the journey. Land yourself where you get hands on so that your skillset is on top, and you as a person is in highest demand, even if that means initially chosing an offer that can even be low in CTC. That way you’ll enjoy your work and eventually you’ll climb the money ladder too. (it doesn’t really matter how much you earn in first 5 years of your career, but how much you in the last 10 years of your career)