Where do you see yourself in 5 years? | PM interview questions

Question’s Purpose
Being a PM is all about having a vision and executing on a plan to achieve that vision. They want to see if you are a living embodiment of that. Do you have a vision for yourself that you are working towards?

How to Answer
Best answer articulates where you want to be in five years and how they fit into that objective. The answer can be anything, but should stay within the realms of PM (your dream to become a lion tamer should stay out of the conversation).

PM careers usually follow one or two paths. First path, independent excellence in PM. Second path, PM leadership/management. Choose a path for your answer and then explain to them how the new job will align you with that journey.

Example,“In five years I’d like to be managing and helping other product managers to achieve their goals, and this company offers opportunity X, which will give me valuable experience in managing others.” Truly not the best example, but I hope you get the point, which is that your 5 year vision includes working for them.

Do leave a LIKE if this helped you, and don’t forget to drop in a comment if there are any suggestions!! :innocent: