The Excel COUNTIFS function returns the count of cells that meet one or more criteria. COUNTIFS can be used with criteria based on dates, numbers, text, and other conditions. COUNTIFS supports logical operators (>,<,<>,=) and wildcards (*,?) for partial matching.
- Purpose: Count cells that match multiple criteria
- Return value: The number of times criteria are met
=COUNTIFS (range1, criteria1, [range2], [criteria2], …)
- range1 - The first range to evaluate.
- criteria1 - The criteria to use on range1.
- range2 - [optional] The second range to evaluate.
- criteria2 - [optional] The criteria to use on range2.