Following are the steps involved in Decisioning Process :
- Step 1: Begin the tree with the root node, says S, which contains the complete dataset.
- Step 2: Find the best attribute in the dataset using the Attribute Selection Measure (ASM).
- Step 3: Divide the S into subsets that contain possible values for the best attributes.
- Step 4: Generate the decision tree node, which contains the best attribute.
- Step 5: Recursively make new decision trees using the subsets of the dataset created in step -3. Continue this process until a stage is reached where you cannot further classify the nodes and called the final node as a leaf node.