Iit madras mba interview experience

Name: Yash Nigam
Profile: Class X CGPA: 10 (2013), Class XII- 94.4 percent (2015), B-Tech, Mechanical Engineering, DELHI TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY (2019) with 84%, Worked for an automotive component manufacturer for 12 months and 15 days as a Graduate Engineer Trainee. CAT 2020: 97 percentile with 90 or higher in all sections.

Interview platform: ZOOM
There were two IIT MADRAS professors on the panel, and they greeted me with a warm smile. This was a one-of-a-kind experience because it was the first time they introduced themselves and the vision of the MBA program at IIT Madras. Then I was asked how well I would fit into the institute’s vision and mission, as well as whether my ideologies aligned with them. I was able to quickly adapt and construct my response, discussing how their teaching pedagogy would provide me with the best opportunity to achieve both my long-term and short-term goals. Then I was asked to highlight the key differences between sales and marketing, as well as which comes first and is more important to an organization’s success. The call was terminated due to an internet outage on their end. This taught me that it is acceptable for such a situation to occur. When the call was connected, they asked how well I was able to adjust when I worked in Chennai, which is culturally very different from Delhi.