How Sales Helps Master Marketing?

MARKETING VS SALES
Marketing is concerned with increasing sales. Marketing is pointless if it does not help the company increase sales. Everything eventually comes down to the amount of sales revenue that can be generated. If a marketer is unable to see an increase in sales revenue, it indicates that something is out of sync.

BIBLES FOR UNDERSTANDING SALES
Chet Holmes’ The Ultimate Sales Machine is an absolute guide that can help a new marketer understand what it takes to eventually generate greater profits.

UNDERSTANDING CHANNEL PARTNERS
Understanding the channel partners is critical to developing the best strategy. Because that is how we will be able to project numbers realistically.

IDENTIFYING DECISION MAKING UNITS
As marketers, we must be able to identify the decision-making units. If I’m selling pet food, I should know that while the owner makes the final decision, most of the time they put themselves in the shoes of their pet and then make the decision. Similarly, if my company manufactures toys for children, the decision-making unit is the parents. As a result, mastering sales is the first step toward understanding what marketing is.