No, the IIM’s do not accept XAT score. For getting an admission in IIM’s, a candidate needs to appear for the coveted Common Admission test (CAT) conducted by the IIM’s. Each year a different IIM campus conducts the test meaning the question paper is designed by that particular institute. There are 20 IIM’s in the country which accepts the CAT score for its further admission process. The top 5 IIM’s as per the rankings are:
- Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad.
- Indian Institute of Management Bangalore.
- Indian Institute of Management Calcutta.
- Indian Institute of Management Lucknow
- Indian Institute of Management Indore
On the other hand, XAT is an entrance that is required for admission in the oldest B school of the country, XLRI- Xavier School of Management. Apart form these campuses there are many other institutes in the country which accept both CAT and XAT scores for admission