1. Weak AI or Narrow AI:
- Narrow AI is a type of AI which is able to perform a dedicated task with intelligence.The most common and currently available AI is Narrow AI in the world of Artificial Intelligence.
- Narrow AI cannot perform beyond its field or limitations, as it is only trained for one specific task. Hence it is also termed as weak AI. Narrow AI can fail in unpredictable ways if it goes beyond its limits.
- Apple Siriis a good example of Narrow AI, but it operates with a limited pre-defined range of functions.
- IBM’s Watson supercomputer also comes under Narrow AI, as it uses an Expert system approach combined with Machine learning and natural language processing.
- Some Examples of Narrow AI are playing chess, purchasing suggestions on e-commerce site, self-driving cars, speech recognition, and image recognition.
2. General AI:
- General AI is a type of intelligence which could perform any intellectual task with efficiency like a human.
- The idea behind the general AI to make such a system which could be smarter and think like a human by its own.
- Currently, there is no such system exist which could come under general AI and can perform any task as perfect as a human.
- The worldwide researchers are now focused on developing machines with General AI.
- As systems with general AI are still under research, and it will take lots of efforts and time to develop such systems.
3. Super AI:
- Super AI is a level of Intelligence of Systems at which machines could surpass human intelligence, and can perform any task better than human with cognitive properties. It is an outcome of general AI.
- Some key characteristics of strong AI include capability include the ability to think, to reason,solve the puzzle, make judgments, plan, learn, and communicate by its own.
- Super AI is still a hypothetical concept of Artificial Intelligence. Development of such systems in real is still world changing task.